Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modify an Ashdown MAG300 for a footswitch?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PaulF, Oct 16, 2005.

1. PaulF

PaulF

Nov 17, 2004
    Hi

Has anyone out there modified an Ashdown MAG300 to incorporate a Footswitch socket to control the Sub Bass octaver?

I like the sound of the octaver, but it would far more useful to be able to switch it in and out from a pedal.

I haven't had the courage to take the cover off my MAG amp yet, but I think it should be simple?

Presumably I can wire a jack soct across the two pins of the front panel switch, and then plug in a normal latching footswitch it should work.

Anyone tried this? or anyone see any reasons why it shouldn't work??

Any ideas / suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers,

PaulF

2. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Consider this a bump!

This is interesting. This is likely the amp ill be getting in the near future and i would be interested if there is a way to do this

3. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I own an Ashdown MAG300 but actually never considered making a mod for footswitch. The fact is, I don't like the built-in sub. I chose to get an EBS Octabass pedal which is far better IMO, and does not cost that much.

Cheers
    Jay

4. Cougar207

Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    While your at it you could do one for the EQ too. It's not hard to get inside it, just take out the 4 screws on top and the chassis slides out. I would imagin all you need to do is solder a wire to each side of the button on the IC board and put a plug in the back and your in buisness.

Matt