1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modifying 410 to 210 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Darko74, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Darko74

Darko74

May 18, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    Maybe this sound crazy but i need a small cab for smaller gigs. ive got a Gallien-Krueger 700RB-II Bass Head i use with a hartke xl 4.5 for larger gigs. i also got an old 410 transporter cab. i was gonna sell it but would it be some way possible to turn it into 210 cab?
    Thanks for any help

2. possible? yes

worthwhile? no

im not sure HOW exactly you would do that.. sorry..

but a Hartke 2.5xl cab is only 250 dollars new

my honest opinion is that it wouldnt be worth the trouble

3. Darko74

Darko74

May 18, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    i live in ireland Hartke 2.5xl cab is 300 euro here. my 410 transporter cab is old anyways, i wouldnt get much for selling it and i need something smaller. maybe your rite though probably to much trouble.

4. Nook

Nook Commercial User

Jan 6, 2008
    Usti nad Labem, Czech Rep.
    owner, designer and builder - www.soundelirium.com
    well, the internal volume is about 110liters..a bit too much for 2x10... turn it into a 1x15 (and choose a woofer with high Xmax), if you think it is worthwhile

5. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    110 liters can house 2 deltalite 2510's or a couple of bp102's.

6. ah yes, forget what I said, it would be tough in Dublin.

I agree with the above posts suggesting a 1x15 perhaps... that could work.

If you really want a 210 though you could perhaps trade a 410 for a 210?

7. Nook

Nook Commercial User

Jan 6, 2008
    yes it can, but what about an Xmax limitation? Me personally would go with +/-30l for one 10" approximately, looks better I think. I tried to run Eminence Beta 10 in a 50l cab, but now in a 28l (or so) it serves me better

8. Darko74

Darko74

May 18, 2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    sorry but i'm a bit lost on the technical stuff. i was just thinkm about cutting the cab in half and puttin a new bottom on it rewiring the speakers and plugin in. but guess theres more 2 it than that. think i mite just sell it and buy a 112 or 115 cab.

9. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I would NOT risk ruining a perfectly functional cab, to reduce it. Why?

1. You can mess up
    2. The results may not have the internal volumes needed for the drivers to perform optimally
    3. You can mess up
    4. If it's not built solid, air leaks or weak joints can fail and ruin the project
    5. You can mess up
    6. There is NOOOOO number 6
    7. You can mess up
    8. There are affordable used cabinets out there, that could make an easy small rig, or pair up with your 410 for a killer large rig further down the road when you may get a gig needing some big sound
    9. You can mess up

Please, don't mess up.

10. Nook

Nook Commercial User

Jan 6, 2008
    ah, I see...but you didn't say this before! :) It makes sense, but it is not easy, you'd need to make new covering and such. And what about the impedance?
    good idea :D