Modifying an EBS?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lenko, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Hi guys,
    I'm a happy EBS HD350 user, but I found out I could use some more power. I've heard from a couple of people they had their HD350s modded so it runs at 2 ohms. Does anyone know how that should be done? I'm running my HD through EBS 4x10" which can handle 800W. Is my cab in danger if I mod my amp?

Thanks.

2. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    My EBS HD350 runs regulary with a 2 Ohm load. Look on the back side of the amp: 2 - 8 Ohm. Because your cab is 4 Ohm you will have no benefit from this modification. Only the use of 2 cabinets will give you the maximum of power and sound pressure.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I read somewhere that the HD350 is stable down to 2 ohms but it will not give you more power than into 4 ohms. Only a somewhat higher peakpower rating at 2 ohms.

4. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    That is absolutely right, but the older version seams only go down to 4 ohm. My amp is about 1,5 years old which seams to be the updated version with the 2 ohm capability. @Lenko: Adding a second cab will provide you the sound pressure you will need.

5. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Thank you for all replies; yes, I have the new version of the HD350 and I'll try to hook it up with another speaker.