Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modifying an EBS?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lenko, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Hi guys,
    I'm a happy EBS HD350 user, but I found out I could use some more power. I've heard from a couple of people they had their HD350s modded so it runs at 2 ohms. Does anyone know how that should be done? I'm running my HD through EBS 4x10" which can handle 800W. Is my cab in danger if I mod my amp?

Thanks.

2. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    My EBS HD350 runs regulary with a 2 Ohm load. Look on the back side of the amp: 2 - 8 Ohm. Because your cab is 4 Ohm you will have no benefit from this modification. Only the use of 2 cabinets will give you the maximum of power and sound pressure.

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I read somewhere that the HD350 is stable down to 2 ohms but it will not give you more power than into 4 ohms. Only a somewhat higher peakpower rating at 2 ohms.

4. bassomane

bassomane

Apr 3, 2002
    Austria
    That is absolutely right, but the older version seams only go down to 4 ohm. My amp is about 1,5 years old which seams to be the updated version with the 2 ohm capability. @Lenko: Adding a second cab will provide you the sound pressure you will need.

5. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Thank you for all replies; yes, I have the new version of the HD350 and I'll try to hook it up with another speaker.