1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modifying my loooper

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by uly_, Apr 18, 2006.

1. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    Hi all,

I've got a 2 Loooper (in/output and 2 effect loops) with just an A/B knop. I would really like to have 2 blend knops on it to blend the loops with the clean signal, but as we all know; David - the loooper-man is unable to make anymore looopers for a while. So my question is:

How hard is it to install such a blend pot? Is it something I can do myself or? I'm by no means an electronic expert, I don't really know anything about... ye, well - what parts I need and where to solder them :crying:

Will it be wise by me to wait till mr loooper is up'n running again instead of fiddeling with something I don't know anything about?

Hope he gets well soon as I'm GASing as hell for such a thingy :bawl:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    In theory it's easy, a simple blend potentiometer would do it... IN THEORY.

In reality, it's not that simple. There's basically a small buffer circuit that would need to be built in I believe to prevent feedback between the loops.

I would wait or find another technician to do it for you.

3. try asking on the harmony central forums, there are loads of builders on there and im sure someone would do it for you.

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Like tplyons mentioned, you will need buffers to prevent feedback. The looopers are not designed with a circuit board in mind. So the biggest problem will be physically fitting the buffers and pots in place.

There are really small FET based buffers. You could try building one and fitting it in. It will require a bit of skill at soldering though.