Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modifying the Schecter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 74rickbass, Dec 29, 2004.

1. I've been talking about it and thinking about for awile now, and the parts arrived today.

Its a 80's schecter p-bass. I've made threads on it before...

Long story short. It originally had no pickguard, and p/j pups.
    I added a pickguard. and added a Gibson EB-O pickup.

Here it is now (before the mods)...

http://www.geocities.com/solid_stateband/Schecter1.JPG

My mods are added a full black P-bass guard. And a fender "original" p-bass pickup. The one used for the american vintage series basses. I'm gonna have 4 knobs, Vol Vol Vol Tone.

Below are the pics of the parts and bass, and the bass with the pickguard over top. The knobs dont line up with the holes in the pickguard, but I dont care... It will just mean, it will have a small hole near the output jack when its all done.

I'm getting everything professionally done... I'm done with screwing up mods!!! haha :p

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. I have this old bass body which is badly painted white.

So I installed the new pickup, pickgaurd. and the neck and bridge from the schecter.

The pickup sounds great! smooth and fat with flats and nice and ringy with a lot of presence with rounds.

I'm happy. :D

Here is a pic

[​IMG]

3. So... yea, What do you like better? the small tort guard? or the full black guard?

4. badsneakers

badsneakers

May 31, 2004
    small guard

5. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I put Bill Lawrence pick ups in my Schecter Robert DeLeo bass that is for sale and they rock.