modifyinng an old fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clanner, Aug 17, 2005.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    does anyone know if a muted bridge cover and pup cover would fit on my yamaha bb200f? I've been thinking about upgrading it or modifying. I'd like to know how much thebridge cover/ muted bridge would cost aswell as the pup cover. or instead of a new bridge if theres a mute I could install? I would like to put a badass 2 if at-all possible, sorry if his doesn't make sense.

here's the bass

photo #2
  2. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    bump! I really would like some advice on this, thank you.
  3. go to the setup forum and do a search...

there's a product called "bass mute" or something like's basically a switchable mute for your bass that is adjustable and screws down in front of your bridge under the strings...if that's what you're looking for

I'm currently using a dense foam sponge...expensive but looks great :D

BTW...I love your turkey fryer...I left one back in the states with my folks...I LOVE TURKEY CAJUN STYLE!!!

I have no doubt that a pup cover would fit. The Yammy bridges are pretty small and similar to the Fender bridge and I would think that a bridge cover would work. If it doesn't (which I doubt), slapping on a Fender bridge would be your answer.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Don't change the bridge if you want a cover. I don't think Fender covers fit Badasses. And besides, if you're wanting to mute the strings, a Badass would be even more useless than I already think they are. And an adjustable mute on that bass would be a bit of overkill, I would think. They're not cheap.

I would either put a bridge cover with foam mute inside if you never want it off, or just cut a piece of foam you can wedge in there if you want to be able to unmute it quickly.
  5. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
  6. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    thank you, how much would a bridge cover cost then? would it be cheaper to attempt to make one?