1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Moding my Eden 210XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by manjonning, Jul 17, 2008.

1. manjonning

manjonning

May 18, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Looking at - turning it into a 4 ohm rig and go neo all at the same time... Want bigger power less weight as we all do!

Any suggestions on Speaks and I guess the big question is would the cross over have to be tweeked?

2. buckminster

buckminster Inactive

Apr 29, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Eden is working on neo 10s for the XLT cabinets. They've already got neo 10" XSTs. Lane Baldwin has been testing the neo XLTs in his 610XLT. I haven't heard anything about a release date though.

I would wait until they release their XLT 10s unless you really want to swap the speakers out for another brand.

3. manjonning

manjonning

May 18, 2006
    Minneapolis
    Just putting a feeler out ...seeing what others have done with replacing regular 10's with neos!

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'd use the Eden neo's. From what I've read Dave N. has tweaked the Eden neo's to sound the same as the old Eden speakers, so I'm guessing that you probably won't have to change the crossover.

5. I would recommend just getting a different cab. By the time you pay for new drivers, you could probably sell the XLT and get a new cab for not much more money.

Remember, swapping regular speakers for neo's won't help the weight that much (especially in single or dual driver cabs). Much of the weight savings in cabs designed to be neo loaded involves thinner and/or lighter wood, since you don't need the thick baffle board to hold the speakers up.

My guess is, you will only save about 10 pounds going from ceramic to neo in that particular cab.

You might want to check out the neo loaded 210XST. The XST is smaller, lighter, fuller sounding and louder to my ear than the XLT, and the neo option will further reduce the weight.

6. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

+1 to Ken's suggestion.

Another factor: Since the neo magnet is so much smaller, the cab would have more interior space than before. This may affect the sound. Of course, you can compensate by just screwing some wood blocks inside to take up the extra space vacated by the large magnets. (But that adds weight back.)

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021