Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mods for a Dean Edge 1

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by amistybleu, Jan 31, 2006.

1. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    I have a two part question:

1) is it worth it to upgrade my Dean Edge 1

2) has anyone changed pups on this bass, the OEM pups are huge, like the size of a 5 string soapbar, I like the feel of the bass so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    OK, let me try again. I be wantin to snazzy up my Bass (not the fish) and I be lookin fo some hep, anybody no what pick-em-up might be fittin in a Dean Edge 1 with no cuttin needed.

ifin yoos could hep me wit dis I would be soooo hapy!

Oh, and Iz don care ifin they active o pasive pick-em-ups, i looks everywares with no good luck atol an das why Iz buggin you fellas.

3. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    dares only 7 pepols ova here in da pickem-up place and ova a hundred in da Bass (not da fish) area, hows I gonna gets em ova heres ta hep me wit my pick-em-up problem.:help:

4. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    You speakin' Dean users language? Dats funny:D
    Sorry, don't have a Dean so no help as to what will work.:(

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I understood you better the first time:) I'm not familiar with the Dean or the size of the factory pickup. Measure it up and check out what Seymour Duncan Basslines would fit. There are other brands and each one has its supporters, but in my opinion you can't go wrong with Basslines.