Mods: Sticky ohms post?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geshel, Apr 29, 2002.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001

What say we make a post that explains the basics of ohms in the amp / cab relationship, and make it sticky? It seems like there's a new "PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS OHMAGE" post :) every three days around here. Yeah, they should all search the archives. But still. . .
  2. I agree. It annoys me, and don't answer them anymore. While I should, coz I'm a techie.

Maybe we should encourage newbies to do a search (on any subject), instead of just putting an ohms-thread in the thread listing.

If it's for everyone to see (for example "NEW HERE? READ THIS") it might possibly help.
  3. BTW

I'm happy to announce I've resumed work on my very thorough FAQ. People have read the priliminary version and were quite happy with the formatting and use of laymen's terms in most areas.

When I'm done, I'll need to convert it to html, I'm afraid, because a Word2k document can't be viewed on-line. Someone know of a good way to do this?

I think it'll be about half a meg when I'm done, so it'll HAVE to be hosted by, I myself can't provide hosting.
  4. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Cool! that will take care of this problem then. :)

I think you can save directly to HTML from within MS Word.
  5. You got it Geshel, And I'd really like to see it Joris. Ya seem to really have a good head for this stuff, and I know everyone could probably learn at least one new thing.

6. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Good stuff, Joris! I spoke to Paul about a FAQ a while ago, and he said he'd be happy to host it. When you finish it, let me know.
  7. I tried to save to HTML from Word, but it doesn't convert well. Word messes up about every formatting I did and all tables and images.

I might have to convert it by hand, making a new document in HTML, cutting and pasting from Word.

BTW It's not finished yet. I still have to write about 20% of it.
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, joris. that's going to be great. i can't wait to see it.
  9. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    Well I can't wait to read it, it should be VERY helpful.
  10. So..... who wants it?

Some areas still need filling in, but about 95% is done.

I guess I'll just email it to Paul (if you're reading, how about it?) and post follow ups on the open areas.

It might need some reformatting around the graphics, I don't know how to test it with different screen resolutions. Someone with better knowledge about this should probably do this.

The way I see it: It's a shame to wait until I finish it completely. The parts that are there are quite useful anyway.

Edit: BTW, I just got past 1,000 posts. Congrats to me!
  11. Yep. I know. That's the one I wrote :D

Well, the preliminary version.