1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mods to an Ampeg BA115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shawn Luckman, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Last night while playing my bass i had a thought about my bass amp & how to change it if i needed more power,this is my question.

Would it be possible to install a jack socket to the back of my BA115 so that i could use it as a speaker cab with an Ampeg B2R E head,and then as a combo,when i'm playing at home & need to use the headphone socket.

I know that i would have to change the speaker in the combo because the B2R E is more powerfull than my BA115.I like the look of the BA115 combo it's small and compact and if this mod could be done this would give me two amps for any situation.

Is this modifacation possible thank you gentlemen.

2. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Yeah this is possible. You'd probably need to know what you are doing (sort of). With the right tools it shouldn't be that hard.

So the combo has a cable routed from the amp to the speaker. You just need another input for the speaker installed.

I am planning on disconnecting the tweeter in mine when I am somewhere that has tools.

3. Thank you for your answer,i love the look of the BA115 and it does'nt weigh a ton so having the option of using it either as a combo or half stack would be great.I just pulled one of the wires from the tweeter as the hiss was anoying,it is a pity that Ampeg did'nt fit a switch to the back to give the owner the choice on using the tweeter.