Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modu-Philes: Help me out here

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rojo412, Mar 19, 2003.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I want to learn all there is to know about Moduli at first glance. I want to know Modulus like most people know Fender and I know it can be done. If there is a site, please direct me to it, but if not, let's see what we can come up with here. (Believe me, this is a boredom thread, but it will be productive eventually.) And as we all should know, the 2 numbers that begin the ser # are the year of production. If you know more detail about the Ser#, please share.

Allow me to provide examples of what I want to know:
    1) Logo Changes: The Headstock and neck have logos on them. I had a 90 Q6 and the logo at the neck joint was like:

MODULUS
    GRAPHITE

My 95 just has "MODULUS" and some pat #s. I know they also changed colors and etc., so I want to know when these changes were made.
    2) Neck shape changes: the 90 was super thin, the 95 is more traditional.
    3) Hardware selection: They used Kahler, ABM, Hipshot... what years were transition years?
    4) Control cavity shape: Every one I see is different.
    5) "Relief Rod": 97 was when it came out?

There is more info, so if anyone else has any questions to add, I'd like to know. If you know, please post! The Modulus players should know these things.

(If this thread should be elsewhere, please move it).