Modulus 4 String...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CrapBass, Feb 5, 2005.

1. CrapBass

Mar 11, 2004
    Mckinney TX
    Well, yesterday I got to go down to my local music store. They mainly sell higher end basses like Alembic and Modulus. Well, I played the Modulus, and it didn't seem like anything that special. I played through an Ampeg half-stack which I was more impressed with than the bass. The neck was nice and It looked awesome, but it just didn't feel like anything special. Have any of you guys noticed that with a 4000 dollar bass? This one was a real dissapointment. :rolleyes:
  2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    what model was it? i guess for the price tag that it was a Q4, i havent played one yet but have read some reviews about it and some ppl here say that the Quatum line is particulary sterile, tone wise, and that aside of the CF neck and the superb craftmanshipthere was nothing special about this bass.
  3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    That's too bad, but different strokes... ;) . The first time I tried a Q-4, I was completely amazed with it's tone. I wanted to buy that bass instantly, but I couldn't afford it at the time. I did end up buying a Q-4 a few years later; it's one of my main 4-strings. It has EMG's, so it's tone is very hi-fi. I haven't tried one with Barts; I'd guess they'd warm the tone up a bit.

4. I have a 1996 Q6.. I love that bass and I would never get rid of it.. Several years down the road I was looking at buying a Q4.. This is when they started putting truss rods into the necks and mass producing larger stores (Guitar Center, etc..). Now, I wouldn't touch them with someone elses hands.. They just dont feel right to me.

I guess I lucked out