1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Modulus 5 TBX From 1990! RARE NECKTHROUGH MODEL

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lalo_garcia-maynez, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. lalo_garcia-maynez

lalo_garcia-maynez Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Price:
    $2650
    Strings:
    image. image. image. image. image. image. image. I'm selling my beloved Modulus 5 tbx. This bass is killer !!! Great tone!! Modulus made VERY FEW Neckthrough body basses. It was made in 1990 this is one of the first ones of the TBX series. It has a maple top over an alder body in green/blue burst finish (the neck is blue and it was one of the few that were made with a wood veneer covering the neck on the front).
    It has EMG 35,J and 35 P pickups and an active 4 band preamp (the preamp is fantastic ! The guy who sold me the bass thinks it is made by John East). The bass has gold hardware right now (that I installed) but it came originally with black hardware (I will send it with the Black Hardware-unless you prefer the gold one, but the Gold bridge is a little bit smaller than the black one and you can see part of the body underneath. The original black ABM bridge fits in perfectly though). The bass is in great shape except for one thing :

The maple veneer laminate that covers the Neck on the front is separating and moving up by the bridge area only; this is to a point that you can see the maple lifting up a little . I spoke with Kevin Brubaker and he said any qualified luthier could fix it by gluing and clamping down the area back to its normal position .
    This is purely cosmetic ! It does not affect playability or tone. The neck is straight as an arrow.
    The bass comes with hardshell case .
    Insured shipping in the USA is included in the price .
    PayPal ok at
    Eduardo_maynez@yahoo.com

No trades at the moment. Unless you have a 7 string Ken Smith.

Thanks for reading let me know if you have any question .

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Fred312b likes this.
  2. lalo_garcia-maynez

lalo_garcia-maynez Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2014
    SOLD!