Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus 6 String Lightwave!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by G, Apr 11, 2003.

1. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
  2. Cool--I've never seen a Lightwave Modulus before. However, this is a good example of why you should only get your name inlayed on a bass if you're sure you intend to keep it....

Mike

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Man, I am so curious about the lightwave on a fretted bass. I'm thinking of putting one on my next Nordstrand 6 string.

That Modulus looks great. I can't help but to laugh about the inlay. I guess you really never know.

4. G

G

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Yeah, I bet Modulus would cut youa deal on a fretless neck though...

5. Well, Modulus would probably sell you a fretless neck for it. "Cut you a deal" is a relative thing, since it won't be cheap. Quantum 6 necks aren't even in the catalog, but regular graphite Jazz replacement necks list for about $699--if Modulus would sell you a Quantum 6 neck, it would almost certainly be more than that.

Mike

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    my fretted lightwave.

[​IMG]

that mod looks incredible!

f

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    im sorry- i dont want to piss anyone off. but i tried a fretted lightwave fender and i didnt think it was happening.. for fretless, if you want a big round clear tone, it can't be beat- but i tried to get that "Jaco sound" and it wasnt there- just my observation Andy- make sure you try one before you have Carey do one for you-

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I definately appreciate the input Adrian. I indeed have not tried a lightwave. It's the option of using non metal strings that intrigues me. I already have one Nordstrand with the sound I've been dreaming of for a conventional bass and now I am thinking about a more "acoustic" sounding electric bass. The next one will be 3" thick and semi-hollow. I was thinking about the acousticore strings being an option.

9. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i agree, the lightwave fretted doesn't exact a Jaco tone.

i describe it as more clear and bell like.

a unique voice for sure.

different than the fretless lw, but still appealing to me.

f

10. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    wouldn't the lightwave with frets create insane sustain? I would think it would since there is no magnetic field to disrupt the movement, and the string would be anchored over the fret nice and solid, especially on a composite neck....can anyone back this up or is it just some myth?

that modulus is purdy.....real purdy. mmmm...lightwavalicious.