1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modulus Bass Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jdwhitak, Feb 19, 2013.

1. jdwhitak

jdwhitak

Mar 20, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    I tried one out and now I want one. One question though. How stiff are the necks? Are they easier or harder to just relative to a wood neck? Also, do they need regular setups like an all wood bass? Thanks!

2. tbplayer59

tbplayer59

Jan 20, 2013
    If I remember right...I have no actual experience with them... They are so stiff they don't even have a truss rod. Which also answers your question about setup. I want one too...

3. jdwhitak

jdwhitak

Mar 20, 2012
    Greenwood, IN
    So, the amount of relief in the neck would be predetermined? Would string gauge affect it a bit?

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Older Modulii (!!!) had a set neck relief.... but IMO it was perfect. Never moved regardless of sting guage or weather changes.

Newer models still don't have a "traditional" truss rod but rather a "relief adjustment mechanism" which lets you tweak it to preference.