1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus bass

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Docdyno, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Docdyno

Docdyno

Jul 11, 2009
    You are right it is spelled Arnoldt Williams, my mistake. It went out of business a while ago, too bad I bought a lot of PA equipment there too. The salesmens name I went to was Bill Plat, he got a job at Disney World doing there sound and light systems in the early 90's.
    The Flight 4 SP is in great condition. A very small amount of paint is rubbed off from where I rest my hand, the rest is like new for 20 years. The case that came with was made by Trans-Pro Case Co. That is like new too. It has a brown fur like inside.
    Thank you
    Leon

2. Docdyno

Docdyno

Jul 11, 2009
    Hello again. I have one more question, how many of the Flight 4 SP were made?
    Thanks again for the help.
    Leon

3. GeoffGould

GeoffGould Commercial User

Jan 10, 2004
    San Francisco
    owner of G. Gould Basses
    Coincidentally, I just rewatched an old KBC video "America" on July 4th, and there are a couple of quick flashes of Jack playing the red headless Flight 4 Monocoque I was talking about earlier. It's a good song, good video, and one of the few glimpses of Jack playing this bass before it was stolen. He once showed me a video shot in Chicago with Jorma and David Bromberg where he was playing it too!

YouTube - ‪KBC BAND - AMERICA.mp4‬‏

4. GeoffGould

Jan 10, 2004
    San Francisco
    owner of G. Gould Basses
    Not sure, but not many, somewhere like 10 or 20.

5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    That's funny - back in '82 I worked briefly as a "low man on the pole" tech at Starz Guitars - you shared the space with them. I was enamoured of your basses but couldn't afford one. Moved away after a few months.
    I've been back in the general area (Santa Cruz mountains) for about 12 years and recently took my wife to dinner at Lulu. I had no idea that it was the old shop.

Wishing you the best, Geoff.

6. GeoffGould

Jan 10, 2004
    San Francisco
    owner of G. Gould Basses
    So, out of the blue, this picture ended up in my email today. This is Jack Casady with his red Flight-4 Monocoque Modulus 4-string, which was stolen long ago. This pic is from around '86.

JackCasady_monocoque.

Steve Lawson and Joshua like this.