1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus Bassstar?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Krinkle5, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Krinkle5

Krinkle5

Feb 16, 2006
    I went to a local instrument shop today, and I saw a modulus bassstar with a P/J pickup configuration, the body is similar to a warwick corvette standard with no finish, the pickups are seymour duncan with 3 little switches on each pickup, and 3 pots. the lowest price they could go for was $500 the body is not in very good shape it has some dings and the pots seemed to be very dirty, I was trying to find some pics or info about this bass but I havent had any luck, does anyone know about these basses? is it a good price or I could ask them to go lower?:confused:

2. If the bass isn't completely FUBAR, and especially if it has a fancy top, that's an extraordinary price. Should you pass, e-mail me their contact info, OK?

3. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    the switches are active/ passive switches for mid/treb/bass

mine is an '87 fretless[last two digits of the serial # are the year , back then anyway]with a precision body.

the switches get turned off and on during play which is a minor annoyance.

solid bass though , in '87 i was told by the seller , the graphite necks had a steel plate in them about a 1/4 inch thick.12 lbs's or so alltogether

it was run over by a former band manager in a vw van , liscense #1MA D1K, now its affectionately known as the carjack.