Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

modulus bridge(please help)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by squeegeebrown, Jul 26, 2004.

1. i have a 98 modulus q5.

i can not find an allen wrench to fit the bridge.

i have practically begged at stores and no one will help.

does anyone out there have one they can spare, or direct me to where i can find one?

thanks a bunch :help:

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I'm not sure if my Quantum made in 2001 has the same exact bridge as yours, but I found a multi-tool (I think it's called a "Roadie Wrench") at my local G.C.. It has the correct size allen wrench, plus screw drivers and and string cutter. It was under $15.00.

Hope this helps, -A.P.

3. :bassist: :bassist: thanks for the tip.. i'll check it out tomorrow...

4. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    For some reason I think the size is 1.5 or 2mm. fyi, the same allen wrench fits my modulus, Fbass, old tobias, new tobias, warrior, pedulla and about every bass Ive had. Some guitar store should have one. If all else fails, I think all-parts handles all the modulus hardwere.

5. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Do you have the ABM, Khaler or hipshot bridge? If it's a ABM I can send you several dozen wrenches!!

6. i'm not sure to be quite honest...black bridge with pretty heavy duty saddles.three screws to each saddle, two on the left side, one on the right.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like a Hipshot style A. Does it look like this?

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, I am moving this to our Setup forum.

8. yeah, real similar..the saddles are squared at the front bottom rather than rounded off, but other than that, pretty much the same..

9. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I have several hipshot bridges and they have two different size allen screws for the top??!!! You can always contact Hipshot and ask them for help. When I have stripped out a screw they sent me some replacements fo' free. Give it a try.

10. You can also purchase the Roadie Wrench online at.....

http://www.samedaymusic.com/productreview--GUIRW1

http://www.leisuremusic.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/119

[​IMG]

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=02090816045906803204124700467 9/search/g=home/detail/base_id/38181

These wrenches are as much a necessity as duct tape, IMHO!

[​IMG]
    Treena

11. fivestringdan

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Word.

These wrenches are as much a necessity as duct tape, IMHO!

12. hey, thank you everyone for your help and advice. i am on my way to get the roadie wrench and e mailing hipshot this morning....that oughta take care of things.. :hyper: