1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Modulus FB5 stock SD pickup for $70

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by gonzkal, Feb 12, 2017.

1. gonzkal

gonzkal

Jul 18, 2015
    Halifax, NS
    Price:
    A while ago, I asked a professional luthier to add another (neck) pickup to my Modulus Flea bass (aka Funk Unlimited) 5 strings. We ended up completely replacing the pickups (with Delano) and also switching the preamp to an Aguilar OBP-3. I kept the stock pickup and preamp for some time hoping they would come in handy for some other bass, but they never did. So I'm selling them! Note: they were kept in a closed cardboard box with foam in my smoke-free bedroom.

The pickup is a Seymour-Duncan Bassline (MM humbucker) which I believe was custom-made for Modulus at that time to reproduce as best as possible the discontinued Lane Poor pickups.

The preamp is a Bartolini NS2TMB-18, 18 volts. volume, bass, mid and treble, all boost and cut with center detent. Sold!

Asking $80 $70 price drop (US dollars) for the SD pickup , $80 for the Bart preamp, and $150 for both! Sold! This includes shipping to Canada and the US with Canada Post/USPS, but does not include any potential taxes/duties on the buyer's side should the parcel cross the border. Happy to ship elsewhere, PM me with your location for a shipping quote.

No trades, sorry.

Feel free to ask anything question and/or PM me. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    G RICH 5 likes this.
  2. gonzkal

gonzkal

Jul 18, 2015
    Halifax, NS
    Bart preamp sold!

3. gonzkal

gonzkal

Jul 18, 2015
    Halifax, NS
    Important clarification concerning the dimensions of the pickup: it's roughly 3.5" x 1.9".

These values correspond to the typical dimensions of a 4 string MM humbucker. This 5 string pickup was designed for narrower string spacing (about 17 - 18 mm at the bridge). The legacy Lane Poor pickups are exactly like this, same enclosure for 4 and 5 string pickups, see this image: http://planetbass.com/wp-content/gallery/lanepoorlegacy4-5_hb/LegacyPickups_MM4-5HB_Dimensions.jpg. Similar also to Delano MC5 HE/S 5 String MusicMan Size Dual Coil Pickup.

4. gonzkal

gonzkal

Jul 18, 2015
    Halifax, NS
    Price drop! $70 (US dollars) for the pickup!

5. gonzkal

gonzkal

Jul 18, 2015
    Halifax, NS
    And the pickup is sold!