Modulus Flea 4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Feb 17, 2006.

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Let me hear from some owners on how this bass is. Thanks for any info:) I like these specs Blue Flake Finish, Basslines pickup and Aguliar OBP-1 Pre, With Badass 2 Bridge. How does the Basslines sound?:)
  2. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I own two one is a maple top on alder with Seymour Duncan basslines pickups Aguilar preamp with hipshot B bridge and the other is a Flea J bass it has Bart J pickups and an Aguilar preamp Hipshot B bridge. Both basses sound great but are different the SD flea is more in your face aggressive sounding like a Musicman stingray on steroids. The other Flea J is mellower but has a lot more sound options because of the two pickups. I play in a classic rock band and tend to use the Flea J more to get different sounds but I love both. The graphite neck is unbelievable very easy to play and the bass hardly goes out of tune and is not affected by weather. You can set it up once and your done.

Attached Files:

3. I used to have this but the string spacing was to tight for my taste
    Barts pups and Bart pre , don't like it that much, not aggresive and something missing

And I still have this and LOOOOVE it all the way, almost sold it glad I didn't, Basslines, badass bridge, just as fleas without the Lanepoor, (hope to get someday)

Aguilar and Bass Lines a huge difference with my old fiver if you are getting one get thie one you wont regret it ( If you like Fleas tone)

4. I have a FB4 with the Bart Jazz pups and the 3-Way Bart pre. Love it! I like the Bassslines pup as well, however I prefer the 3 band EQ. More tonal options!

5. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    I've got a blue flake with a Lane Poor and the bart preamp. The bass is everything I want it too be, I can get it to be smooth to being very aggressive. I love it.