Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

modulus flea 4

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by iloveloosey, Oct 5, 2000.

1. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    unusual matte black color, excellent tone, medium weight, lane poor pickup, new (literally, see below), $1000 neg.

bassnw got this bass from another store that went out of business, so they couldn't sell it as new, even though it was a new bass. i couldn't refuse the good deal, at the time, but now i realize i just don't need it...

[Edited by iloveloosey on 10-09-2000 at 02:25 PM]

2. Rabino

Rabino

Apr 1, 2000
    bricehumner@hotmail.com

3. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    because they don't make them in matte black anymore (not flashy enough for flea, i suppose)

it's great if you're not into all that sparkley stuff...

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    how much isit for?? I'm looking for a 4,5,6 string to trade with my Carvin LB20F :(

5. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    how low on the price are you willing to go? i really want to get one, but im not sure i want to pay that much.

iggy

6. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    any takers on that bass yet?

iggy

7. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    Hi, Iggy,
    I finally sent pics of the bass to everyone who was waiting for them. I did this yesterday. Please email me directly (not through talkbass) and I will send you pics, as well...
    James

slinkyjinks@yahoo.com

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The ones they had in London were all metallic pinky-mauve sparkly things, with a black graphite neck. They were over £2,000 - which is about $3,000 converted, so this is a real bargain if it's genuine? Maybe it just never got its "Flea Finish".

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    They arent all sparkly. Most arent, actually. And yeah, this would be a huge bargain for someone in the UK!

10. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    in the bass, but until i read megaangus's post it hadn't occurred to me that you might be.

megaangus-- if not all sparkly, the others are high gloss, not matte...