Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Flea 5

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Tim Cole, Jun 17, 2003.

1. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    1999 model Flea 5 string, this is the desireable one, with the Lane Poor pickup, and Bartolini preamp. Black sparkle, with black pearloid guard, hardshell case, and original warranty card. Good overall condition, with some minor scratches, and a finish crack at the neck joint, which is apparently pretty common with these.

$1400 obo., no trades. Can post pics, and/or soundclips upon request.

2. please post pics, im interested in seeing the black sparkle and pearloid together... looking into getting one in the near future, though in the UK! If its not too much trouble could you post a sound clip of finger-style and slap? (not at the same time obviously!) i wanted to know the rough idea of the tone, etc as well. how come you are selling as well?

Good luck with the sale?

P.S. codename *bump*

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Just to ad...I've played this bass, and it KILLS. Tone for miles. Sounds WAY better than the Bart or SD equipped Flea's. If I had the money, I'd snap it up in a second.

4. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'll miss her, for sure. The reason for selling is, my band finally died for good, and I have zero desire to start another one, being that 90% of musicians are flakes or losers (other than bass players, of course!)....so it seems anyway. Regardless, I don't want to sit and stare at my stuff in my bedroom, someone else can get good use of it, and I can enjoy the proceeds in other hobbies. I'm keeping my 4 banger, guitar, and have some fun recording software....it's all I need. Here's a couple pics of her, the rig is for sale in another thread as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I'm pretty sure that was my bass at one time. I had a matching pair, both with Lane Poor pickup and bart 2-band. One had the black pearl and the other had a white pearl PG.

This bass sounds great!!

6. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Really? I bought this from a fella, who was from Texas if I recall.....he played in some country touring band, I think they were sponsored by ace hardware.....

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Oh yes, SN is #980354 if you wanted to double check....small world!

8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Head and cab are sold, taking offers on the mod, or it is going to go to the wolves on the 'bay....

9. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    PS., I just posted this on the bay.

For any TB SUPPORTING MEMBER, I will do $1200 :eek: on this bass.

If you are not yet a supporting member, the price is $1220. Send me $1220 plus shipping, and the extra $20 will be sent from myself, to Paul, for YOUR supporting membership :D (Aren't I a GREAT GUY??? I'd make a nifty moderator too....*hint*)

One of these (INDENTICAL) ended on ebay a few weeks ago at $1375, this is a good deal, for the model it is.

Must sell quick!

And I can accept Paypal.

Email me direct at Racer48m@aol.com, or PM me if interested.