Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Flea Bass vs. Music Man

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ModulusMaster, May 26, 2002.

1. This question has always been debated between my friends and I, which bass is better for funk and jamming? I say Modulus, but my bonehead friend says the MM. I could be wrong but most people have never played the flea. I think that the Flea owns the MM. What do you guys think?

2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    From what I hear, the Flea Bass is an excellent slapping bass.. maybe one of the best.. but the finger tone kinda lacks... but its personal.. you might like it :D

DM

3. bada-bump

4. If the Flea were still available with a Lane Poor pickup, it may barely edge out the MM. However, since this isn't the case I'm going with the MM all the way. Great slap and fingerstyle tones.

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    It's a tough choice, as they are both great basses.

But I would have to go with the Flea bass, based solely on my own limited experiences with each of them. I guess what I am trying to say is that if I was going out right now to buy either one of these, I would have to buy the Flea. Just my preference, though.:)