Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Flea Bass with Lane Poor

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 95JettaCity, Mar 4, 2006.

1. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Well guys and girls... I can't believe I'm doing this. I told myself I would never part with this bass. But after years of trying other basses out, I just don't think this one suffices any longer.

Up for sale or possible trade is my 1998 Modulus Flea Bass. It's a 4 string in Glossy Red with the Pearloid pickguard.

And for those of you who are interested in knowing... this bass DOES HAVE a Lane Poor pickup in it. Specifically the LP with the Modulus Logo on it.

The preamp is a Bartolini NTBT which is the 2 band.

It has the original Gotoh bridge and all of the tuners have the Modulus logo on them. I'm not quite sure of the brand.

I just put on a fresh set of GHS Medium Bass Boomers.

I have never had a problem with this bass. It has always played great every show and recording I have done.

[​IMG]

I would rate this bass an 8/10 for the following reasons:
    ~There is a small dent, maybe a 1/16 of an inch on the back side, opposite of the control cavity. You can only see this in certain light.
    ~The head has about 3 small blemishes. No dents or physical damage, but as some of you know anything that hits the graphite shows up very easily.
    ~The prior owner of this bass (I bought it used from GC) must have hit it against something or dropped it neck first because the neck joint seemed to have shifted and then returned back to its original position. The damage left a small amount of paint to crack off on the side of the strap pin, and a crack to form in the paint on the opposite side. But don't worry because here's the good news... This did not do any damage to the bass besides the cosmetic damage. I have been playing it for 3 years now and have never had a problem with it going out of tune or the neck not being straight.

And besides the usual "light rings" on the backside, this bass is really beautiful.

I would like to mention that for those of you worried about these small flaws... none of them are visible to anyone watching you play. Everything has managed to be in a spot that only you can notice.

I hate having to tell you about these minor problems, but I want you to know exactly what you're looking at.

I am asking $1300 shipped with its hardshell case.

PLEASE PM ME with any offers you have. I am open to any trades you have to offer.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

PICTURES PICTURES ~~~~~ http://community.webshots.com/album/548325438VIzqOP ~~~~~ PICTURES PICTURES

Thanks for checking it out!

2. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    pm sent!

3. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I forgot to mention that a hard shell case is included when you buy the bass.

4. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Bump for a sweet bass and an even better pickup!

5. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I have decided to sell the bass as a whole and not split up the pikcup. I've set a price of $1,300 which includes a hardshell case and all shipping costs. PM me if you have any questions, trade offers, or want to negotiate price.

Thanks
    Andy

6. Faded

Faded

Dec 26, 2004
    Santa Barbara
    No chance at all of you just selling the pickup?

7. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    pm sent with trade bait.

8. LarryR

LarryR Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    PM sent

9. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    I had thought about selling the pickup separately from the bass but have decided to keep it in. I am a full time music student and have a full time job, and I just don't have the time to uninstall a pickup and then reinstall another. I'm sorry for those of you who wanted just the pickup but I hope you understand.

Thanks
    Andy

10. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    ~~~~~PICTURES ARE UP ~~~~~ CHECK ORIGINAL POST

11. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    BUMP for price drop... PM me if interested.

Thanks

12. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    another PM sent

13. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Wow, that looks like a nice bass you're unloading. Did you buy an even nicer one to take it's place? ;) :D :p

14. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    As a matter of fact, I bought one with a sound I enjoy much more. :D Although I recently discovered this Modulus is GREAT for doing harmonics! It's gonna be hard to let it go...

15. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    BUMP for a price drop.

$1200 and it's yours, case and all.

16. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    shexy!

^bump^

17. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Well guys I'm giving this until Saturday night to sell. After that It's going on Ebay. I hate to do this but I really need the money.

The price is still $1200 which includes the case and shipping.

18. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Well guys I hate to say it, but the Flea is on Ebay. I will still accept $1200 from any TalkBass member if you contact me before the auction ends.

19. great bass and great price..if i didnt have 2 already i would jump on this deal

20. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    a bump for you

i still cant believe that nobody has taken this one. a flea bass with a lane poor is as good as it gets and $1200 is a very good deal...considering a new one (with a pickup that sounds nowhere as good as a poor) is almost $3,000!!