1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modulus flea bass' with pickguards...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassist22, Jun 6, 2007.

1. bassist22

bassist22

Mar 16, 2007
    A question for all you flea bass owners who have pickguards...
    What is actually under the pickguard?
    Nothing?
    Wiring?
    I want to get a used flea bass and then get a 2-tone burst on it...
    Can i just remove the picguard and do so?
    Thanks in advance

2. I've never removed mine but saw more than one picture online from Modulus Fleas with their pick guard removed, and there was nothing under it. Does look strange without is though.

3. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Inactive

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    its going to looks like this [​IMG]
    but less fancy...

Have you thought on what are you going to do with the screw holes for the pickguard once or before you refinish it? you can allways geat a clear pickguard too...

4. my friend took the pg off his Geddy Lee j-bass and just put the screws back in...i though it looked pretty "riveting" :smug:

5. labanass

labanass

Jun 16, 2006
    Belgium
    There are numbers written on the pickguard behind, but there's nothing written on the body, and it's all perfectly painted behind the pickguard.

6. Flea's sunburst bass doesn't have a pickguard. Also, I took mine off once and there was nothing under it. Looks weird.

7. labanass

labanass

Jun 16, 2006
    Belgium

I didn't took off the pickguard from my 2004 Blue Flake Flea yet, I did it with my 2005 Black Flea with the black pickuguard, and it was perfectly painted black like the rest of the body, but there were numbers written on the pickguard not on the body, so that's no big deal I guess

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021