Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus "FLEA" Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by clazzicrachman, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Warwick

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Modulus

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Fender

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  4. Alembic

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. clazzicrachman

clazzicrachman Guest

Jun 10, 2002
    Spokane, WA
    I have owned many basses and I play 40 - 50 gigs per year...Fenders to Ricks...G & L's to Alembics...and even Warwicks....I really love the sound and balance....the overall playability of the Flea bass...you will never be disappointed if you own this bass.

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Anyone else think the pick gaurd is...how you say...fugly?

3. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, I do own a Flea bass, and i have to say it's far from the most playable bass i have ever used (my opinion). I love the sound, but the neck is very awkward. The problem is the neck is VERY thick, the String spacing is (i think) more of a precision spacing, and the fingerboard is VERY flat. I do love the bass for slap though.

See ya!

4. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    I disagree with RealBK. My flea is by far the most playable bass, i have ever played, perfect everything, as long as you cut the treble. Just my opinion though.

5. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
  6. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Go to other basses on the bass gallery website and scroll down to you get to the Randy Hope Taylor Modulus bass (now mine) bought it 7 months ago and it's still listed on the site!

7. eViL cAkE

eViL cAkE Guest

Sep 6, 2001
    Just East of Dallas
    I just got my Flea J5 a couple days ago. It's the five string model with J-style pickups. This bass is extremely versatile and playable. I think it will appeal to a wider range of players than the standard model, mainly because the addition of a neck pickup "darkens" up the sound considerably.

See ya,

8. no ?

the only bass which should have been made without the butt-ugly pickguard are the MTD Kingstons imo.. that pickguard spoils the entire bass imo..

but anyway.. no it's not fugly :D