Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Flea colors

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nobes, Feb 14, 2006.

1. nobes

nobes

Feb 14, 2006
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Hi all,

This is my first post but I've been reading a lot in this forum for the past few weeks and would just like to thank everyone for all the insightful information found herein.

Now to the reason for this post:

I’m planning on ordering a Modulus Flea 4 on Sat. but can not decide on a color. The store I tried this bass had 2 of them, a fretless in a sunburst color (which I didn’t like at all) and a standard in the silver flake with a black pickgaurd. Before seeing it, I didn’t like the silver flake in pictures but was absolutely blown away by it in person. It looked really cool but I’m not sure I can buy something this flashy as my main ax. (would look great when I play bars/clubs but what happens when I have to play “mellower” coffeehouse type places) Unfortunately I can only afford to buy one bass. To the people who have played/owed the flea bass:
    What colors have you seen this bass in? What looked good? What didn’t?
    Before I saw them in person I was leaning towards the metallic green color but I can’t get that silver flake out of my head.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any advice.

2. alanbass1

alanbass1

Feb 8, 2006
    London
    If you like the silver flake go for it. The last coffee house I was in had silver and chrome implements everywhere, so shouldn't look out of place!

3. Personally, I'm a sucker for the black on black combo.

Edit: And btw, Welcome to TB!

4. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    The black/black is very classy, I would have gotten that if I hadn't gotten such a great deal on my blue flake. Either way the blue flake is very sweet.

[​IMG]

5. my personal favorites would be the metal flakes, but if that's too garish for you, i would support a gloss red or green metallic. they also make a gold flake, but i don't see how that'd be better than silver or blue. my preference would be for a red flake.

robb.

6. I've got a black one with the white pearloid pick gaurd and love it, but they have one on their website that's white with a black pearloid pick gaurd that looks amazing!

7. unklefranc

unklefranc

Feb 14, 2006
    here is a pic of one that I used for a recent recording. it's the black with the pearloid I believe. The finish on the neck of this instrument is amazing. it has wild patter thru it, like none I have ever seen. You have to see it for yourself.

Attached Files: