1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus Flea Fret Buzz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rossiman, Jan 18, 2012.

1. rossiman

rossiman

Aug 12, 2011
    Chicago
    I have a Modulus Flea 03 and it seems like it has a lot of fret buzz (pull offs, having to fret really hard). Just a lot of effort in playing to prevent it as opposed to my other basses.

Now the neck is straight as an arrow and the string heights seem to be a medium/low action (not as low as my other bass where there isnt any buzz)

So how do I get rid of this? I though moduluses were infamous for super low action with no buzz. Do I try lowering the bridge more? (I wanted a lower action but will that worsen it?)

Thanks

2. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    Where exactly is the buzz?

3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    For the record mine buzzed, but it also had stupid low action. You had to have perfect plucking technique to get it not to buzz. Now I have pretty good technique, but it apparently wasn't good enough. I ended up selling mine off.

I actually kind of miss it :bag:

4. Jim11895

Jim11895

Dec 10, 2009
    Atlanta
    I know this is no help, but my 2007 Flea 5 has never buzzed at all. Maybe it just needs a set-up?

5. Yeah i'd get your frets looked at, maybe one isnt set in properly.
    Also what strings are you using?
    My flea only buzzes when I tell it to buzz for the funkiness.
    maybe your neck is a little too straight? That sounds like its impossible but maybe its bent back just the slightest bit and you need more relief.