Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

modulus for rick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jmann, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    i am currentlly contimplating trading my modulus Jazz for a ric 4003... would this be a good trade? I got the mod used early november. i just dont like the feel of the modulus anymore... the neck feels akward to play because of the graphite. i like the sound/feel of the rick better. the modulus is a great bass, but im just not feeling it anymore... so should i trade?

2. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    check your pm

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Mercedes for Chevy????

Go with what feels good and is "your voice", but be sure to get your value in return. I'd imagine that you should be getting some cash in return for such a trade . . .

4. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    thank you... thats what i needed to hear...

i dont like mercedes anyway... :p

5. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    Mercedes for a Lexus.

6. in money value a used RIC is going be a little less than a used Modulus Jazz, depending on if it is the vintage jazz or just the jazz model, and if it has the newer adjustable neck or not.

but generally if you like the RIC better than do it, get the bass that you are going to use the most and feel the best playing.

7. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    my thoughts exactly :D

supernaut: mine is just the jazz model without a truss rod. i dont like the neck for 2 main reasons:
    1) its very hard to access the 19th fret
    2) i dont like how it feels