1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Modulus Genesis 5 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by iriegnome, May 25, 2020.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    I have had my 1999 Modulus Genesis 5 string fretless for about 10 years. My fretless gigs have all but stopped. I am into another band that I now want to have a Q4 fretted. I way prefer non-truss models. Nothing else matters. Condition doesn’t matter since I have all my Modulus’ worked over. So while I would much prefer a trade, trade + cash or sale, I am open. I am currently gigging and am ready to move on this right away. I will post pics as soon as I can retake them. My bass is all original with Bart jazz pickups and a BART pre, but I will confirm those specifics as well. Hit me up, please. I am only interested in Modulus model 4 string trades please

2. ksukev

ksukev Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    Just curious, why do you prefer non-truss rod models? Obviously you've never had trouble with a Mod neck gone wrong (like I have) and had to deal with Modulus's HORRIBLE customer service. I'd personally never own another Modulus (had two at the time), let alone one without a trussrod.

3. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    I have had issues with all my non-truss Modulus basses. Every single one has been worked on by my luthier. I have no fear of them. In my hands, the non-truss versions feel better. A bit thinner, IMHO, easier to play. I have a very good friend with a 2009 and I much prefer my 1994. I dealt with Anderson at Modulus back in the early 2000's and I never had an issue. Again, since I have a luthier with experience of working on several dozen (all mine and my guitarists) Modulus, the older versions work better for me.

4. benchpress11782

benchpress11782

May 23, 2007
    Photos please

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021