Modulus Genesis 5 String

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by 5STRINGSAMURAI, Feb 12, 2004.

Feb 12, 2004
    Hi I have a Modulus genesis 5 String for sale. Specs
    35" scale
    Rose wood finger board (non Marked Fingerboard)
    Black gohar tuners
    Transparent green soma body
    Dual j bartolini pickups. Volume,balance,bass, and treble.
    Abm bridge
    Cedar Bolt on neck with the graphite inlays.
    Been played lovingly for 2 years and sounds awesome.
    Great slap tone and caters great to fingerstyles players like myself. Im asking 1400.00 Straight cash sale. Email with questions and I will respond promptly. Im also Throwing in a 30 foot Monster bass cable. And buyer pays shipping.

Have pictures. But can't get them on the post. I can and will Email though.

2. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    There are some on e-bay right now to give you an idea. From what I've seen, you're in the ball park, but not on the low end at $1200.

The Genesis is a pretty specialized bass and a sleeper. It has a cult following though. I think you just need to give it some time.
  3. Hey everyone - just thought I'd chime in here - I just bought 5stringsamouri's Firebass and Peavey 410 cab, and he was a pleasure to deal with. I just happened to test out the cab and head sing this bass and it is a very nice bass...good luck 5string - you might want to take some better pics to better show the beauty of this bass! If you have better pics, I'd be happy to post them!
  4. Bump from another Genesis 5 owner - this is a sweet bass.

Feb 12, 2004
    Okay. I have to sell this. 900.00 you pay shipping. And you get the hard shell. Which is in okay condition. (the case not the bass.) Hit me up. I can't go lower than that. And if your interested in it Im sure you won't find a better deal anywhere.

Any takers. Pm me.
  6. hey, im just adding another bump to the pile, this is a great deal guys.
  7. BigTopBruno

Sep 6, 2002
    NJ, USA
    wow...I'm interested, but never played one.

What does "specialized bass" mean?

Are you close to NJ/NY?...would love to play it....

Feb 12, 2004
    No, Im down in St. Louis. I think what wally meant by specialized is that its got the strength of graphite with the sound of wood. I don't know. But I can tell you that you won't even need to play it. This bass has got punishing low ends and bright clean highs. action is as smooth as a babys butt. I think the more sound orientated bassists play modulus. It just has that voice. No other bass does.
  9. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I agree with everything said here. In fact, I had both a Genesis and a Q5, I kept the Genesis (fuller sound than the Q5).
  10. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    It's specialized in that it combines the strength of graphite with very soft tone woods like Soma and Cedar. The result is a very warm sound that retains clarity due to the graphite core.

I say it's specialized because it's a radical depature from traditional bass construction based on Fender design. Basses from Lakland, Lull, and Sadowsky are more traditional in their design, although they all offer their own spin and improvements.

Personally, I think the Genesis is a huge success. The Quantum gets more attention, probably because it was the original concept and does the full-on graphite thing. The Genesis is a "best of both worlds" concept. It hasn't caught on in mass, but those that have discovered and appreciate its virtues are usually die-hard fans.

I want one. :meh:

Feb 12, 2004
    I love it. Breaks my heart to sell it. But I will get another one down the road. Do the newer genesis basses have the relief adjustment or just the older ones.??

And Yes Im sure paypal would be an option if only I knew what that was.??

Feb 12, 2004
    Cmon guys its a nine hundred dollar genesis.

Feb 12, 2004
    Bump. Someone snap it up. I'll also throw in my first born child.

Feb 12, 2004
    Things that go bump in the night.
  15. megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Man, you're killing me! I just finished paying off my Ampeg and the wife is in no mood for more "bass stuff" right now. My next purchase is going to be a quality bass.......I hate being broke! :crying:
  16. Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    Still available?