Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Genesis 5 String

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Dr. PhunkyPants, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    FS: Like New Modulus Genesis 5 String Bass. Made in 1999, purchase NOS in 2001 for a project that never came together. 3-tone sunburst over alder body. Graphite reinforced cedar neck with grenadillo fingerboard. This combination of tone woods gives the instrument a beautiful “woody” voice. Neck has deep gloss finish, fast contour, great frets, and is straight as an arrow with slight relief.

All Bartolini electronics, with passive 59J j-style pickups and NTBT 2-band EQ. The inner cavity is fully shielded, including separate wood route for battery, and wiring is astonishingly neat.

Recent professional setup at top area luthier. New strings. Showroom new condition, save two tiny flaws only mentioned for full disclosure—a little 2mm dent inside the top cutaway, and a tiny crack in the finish were the neck meets the body in the lower bout. Modulus assured me it’s nothing and I put a drop of superglue on it for good measure. Bass comes with tour-quality SKB hard case and original case candy. Retail price $2950.

Light home studio use only, original owner. I'm not great at posting pics, but I can send some if you are interested. Thanks!

2. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    DOH! I'd like to get $1100 for it, buyer pays shipping. Here's another pic. Thanks!

3. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Dude, that is a beut. Really makes me wish I had a thousand to spend right now. Good luck selling it, though I am sure you don't need it.

4. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Given that I'd like to sell this bass quickly (for reasons that have nothing to with the instrument), I'm offering this bass for $950 plus shipping. Please send me a note if you are interested. Thanks!

5. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Pm Sent....