Modulus Genesis and tiny alan screws

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Floating teetH, Aug 14, 2004.

1. I got a Modulus genesis bass off ebay recently. I noticed that the alan screws on the saddles are smaller than those on all my other basses. I had always assumed these sorts of things were standardized. Well, I emailed modulus about this, but they haven't returned with my info as of yet. Anyone (possibly an owner of such a bass) who can help me out with this lttle problem would be greatly appreciated as I would rather not bring my nice new bass into a hardware store.

I brought it into a music store. They couldn't find one small enough, though.

The bass and the hardcase in which it came smell very nice. My friend seems certain the smell is pipe tobacco, but I've never smoked pipe tobacco so nice smellin' before.
  2. Markdezy

Jan 24, 2004
    I suggest going to Home Depot or Lowes and getting a small Allen Key set. I've got one that has almost every one you need. It's a 30 piece set, 15 metric, 15 standard. Some of them get rediculously small. I'm sure you could find one small enough to fit.
  3. cool, I might do that, then. There happens to be a Lowes as well as a Home Depot nearby, in fact they're right next to each other. Thaks for the suggestioN

Now if only those places sold pipe tobaccO...
  4. well, you probably won't hear anything back from Modulus. Seems they don't respond to emails (at least not emails from regular people). This is one thing I hate about Modulus as a company, but enjoy the bass =). I'm sure it plays great.
  5. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Their CS is pretty junky from what I've seen. Anyone remember that Flea Modulus someone here picked up on eBay that Flea smashed in Melbourne, and Modulus wouldn't even sell the fella a new body?