Modulus Genesis Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zemaitis, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Zemaitis

Jan 7, 2004
    New Paltz NY
    Just curious if any one out there plays a Genesis 4 or 5 string? I have a 4 string on order that I should see in about a month and Ill be sure to post pics of ASAP.
    I have seen only about 5 pictures of 4 strings anywhere but if any one has pics of 4 or 5 strings please post them and let me know how you like 'em
  2. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin and go to gallery, should be a few in there. i've played a 4 and a 5 at the local store and absolutely love em. great slap tone.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I like the tone. The neck on the 5 string(haven't tried a 4) is way too big and chunky for me. And the fives that I have played were too heavy, too.
  4. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    They have a cool sound live, nice B, and look cool. I would agree that they are a bit heavy. the 5 I had had a wide flat neck that is uncomfortable to me. Recorded it lacked the warm sound that I like and even the piercing rock sound I sometimes use. All in all they aren't bad but you can get better basses in that price range IMO. The design of the neck(wood with graphite spine)is a cool idea and other companies should follow suit in that department. I got rid of mine for a Zon and there is no comparison the zon beats the Genesis in spades.

heres my my old one
  5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I like the Genesis basses. I have played a few of them and was fairly serious about buying one for a while.

Overall, I prefer the tone and feel of the Quantums, but the Genesis are nice basses. I agree that they are a little cumbersome.