1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus Genesis Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zemaitis, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Zemaitis

Zemaitis

Jan 7, 2004
    New Paltz NY
    Just curious if any one out there plays a Genesis 4 or 5 string? I have a 4 string on order that I should see in about a month and Ill be sure to post pics of ASAP.
    I have seen only about 5 pictures of 4 strings anywhere but if any one has pics of 4 or 5 strings please post them and let me know how you like 'em

2. MMiller28

MMiller28 Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    modulusguitars.com and go to gallery, should be a few in there. i've played a 4 and a 5 at the local store and absolutely love em. great slap tone.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

I like the tone. The neck on the 5 string(haven't tried a 4) is way too big and chunky for me. And the fives that I have played were too heavy, too.

4. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    They have a cool sound live, nice B, and look cool. I would agree that they are a bit heavy. the 5 I had had a wide flat neck that is uncomfortable to me. Recorded it lacked the warm sound that I like and even the piercing rock sound I sometimes use. All in all they aren't bad but you can get better basses in that price range IMO. The design of the neck(wood with graphite spine)is a cool idea and other companies should follow suit in that department. I got rid of mine for a Zon and there is no comparison the zon beats the Genesis in spades.

heres my my old one

5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I like the Genesis basses. I have played a few of them and was fairly serious about buying one for a while.

Overall, I prefer the tone and feel of the Quantums, but the Genesis are nice basses. I agree that they are a little cumbersome.