Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Genesis Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by geoffzilla, Oct 31, 2001.

1. geoffzilla

geoffzilla

Oct 30, 2001
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification
    I'm seriously considering swapping out my Fender Jazz neck for a modulus genesis neck. I'm looking for more reliability and the strength to handle flatwounds. Does anyone have any experiences, positive or negative, with the genesis necks? (especially as a replacement)

2. I have a Genesis VJ, and the neck is really great--very stable (still adjustable with the truss rod), and it feels and plays wonderfully. The only negative in my opinion is the super high gloss finish on the back. I prefer satin-finished necks, and this one feels kind of gross. But once I start playing, I'm so caught up in the awesome sound of the bass that the gloss doesn't bother me too much.

3. I've recently purchased a VJ ...man o man do I love that neck.Stable,even harmonic response,no dead notes.The neck is virtually trouble free.If you decide to buy a neck,you won't regret it.