1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus Genesis Potentiometer replacement?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Funky-Wunky, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    I am needing a new pot for my modulus genesis. It is for a stacked knob. What can I use to replace this part?

2. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    Do you know the value of the stock pot? Does it control tone on a preamp or is it a passive bass. Is it for volume control?
    Answer these things and we would be more able to assist you.
    If it is a tone control to preamp I understand it is an NTMB Bartolini preamp. In that case it would be a B100K concentric (Linear 100K ohm).

If it is balance or volume it is probably a 500k dual balance pot or single volume respectively.

http://images.miretail.com/LMS/Content/2/F/2F7F6106-9BA1-4165-A602-A7D1428E07D2.pdf

3. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    I don't know the value, I'm assuming it would be written on the old pot? It is an active bass, the schematic shows this stacked knob the outside controls the mid frequency and the inner controls the mid boost and cut.

4. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    It's a Bartolini preamp so probably a 50k stacked (concentric) pot with center detente. Potentiometers - Pots | Jacks | Switches | Shielding

Edit: the stock preamp/pickups are bartolini and the stack pot would be for bass/treble (they didn't have a stacked mid control). The bass you have pictured in your profile looks to have different pickups and knobs so not sure what preamp you're running. Do both knobs have a center detente?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  5. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
  6. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    :bassist: