SOLD Modulus Genesis V (1999) - 5-string 35" Scale Flame Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BassIan, Jul 11, 2020.

1. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Price:
    Strings:
    This beautiful Modulus Genesis V is the product of a collaboration with Modulus and Mike Tobias (MTD basses). A hybrid neck construction with softer tone woods and a carbon fiber spine give it incredible stability and sustain but maintains the warmth and feel of a wood neck. The carbon fiber spine reaches from the tip of the headstock to deep inside the body.

The flame maple top and quilt maple fretboard are stunning, and finished natural to show off the beauty of these woods. The 35" scale and rock solid neck give this a world class Low B: I'm able to run the action lower on this than many other 34" and 35" scale basses with plenty of dynamic range. Overall playability of this bass is extraordinary and even across the strings. A wide variety of Jazz tones are on tap, but with the extra sustain and evenness brought by the well-crafted construction.

Electronics are the Bartolini NTMB 18V Active system with 3-band EQ.
    • Treble- Active treble control centered at 6Khz with 16db boost and cut. Center detent at 0 boost/cut.
    • Bass- Active bass control centered at 30 Hz with 15db boost and cut. Center detent at 0 boost/cut.
    • Mid- Active mid control with 11db cut and boost centered at 400Hz.
    I'm selling because my stable of basses is growing and this one isn't getting the play time it deserves. It's been babied, and stored either in its case or on a rack when I'm not playing it. There are some minor cosmetic blemishes that I inherited from its previous owner - I've tried to document these in the photos. Includes original Modulus hard shell case in great condition, no cracks.

Pricing is a bit below what I'm seeing elsewhere online and suits the great condition of this unique bass. Will split shipping within CONUS inside the hard case, packed in a standard bass guitar shipping box.

IMG_1369.jpeg IMG_1354.jpeg IMG_1369.jpeg IMG_1370.jpeg IMG_1354.jpeg IMG_1361.jpeg IMG_1357.jpeg IMG_1359.jpeg IMG_1363.jpeg IMG_1364.jpeg IMG_1365.jpeg IMG_1366.jpeg IMG_1367.jpeg IMG_1368.jpeg IMG_1374.jpeg IMG_1371.jpeg

Fred312b, andysvec, BSR6P-Bob and 8 others like this.
  2. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I had one with a sick quilted top and it was great.. just lost my taste for maple overload.

3. Hey there...hope all is well. Would you take a trade on another 5str??

4. BassIan

BassIan Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    San Jose, California
    Hi Calvin, I am really just looking to sell. I would consider a trade but only for something pretty specific. I’m not planning to add anything to the studio right now unless it’s a Dingwall 4 string or the right Precision.

5. Ok...totally understand.

6. Lincoln

Lincoln Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Akron
    This bass is absolutely the best mass produced bass I have EVER played. This bass is perfectly balanced, fretboard is accessible anywhere. The sound and range of tones is wide and is crystal clear. It was a wonderful bass to play!! You'll be hard pressed to find a better sounding more playable 5 string bass.

Only thing I'll never understand is why they never made an ash version of this bass. I owned one and that was the ONLY reason I sold mine. I wanted the Marcus Slap sound.

7. REV

REV Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2006
    I had one like this for awhile and I think it was the best sounding bass I ever had. GLWS

BassIan likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021