1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus neck problems

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LowDog, Apr 21, 2006.

1. LowDog

LowDog

Jul 6, 2005
    I have a Modulus Genesis VJ 4 string bass with the Chechen fingerbord that seem to have neck stability problems. I will have the neck set up and the tech will then check it again and will have to set up the bass again before it sets in and stays. I have experienced a neck in transit to a gig. I do keep the bass in a good (heavy leather) gig bag and am cairful of my placement in transport. I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this problem. I have emailed Modulus on the matter and they have yet to get back to me. Thanks

2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Hmmm....strange! I have a Gen 5 which is remarkably stable and really only requires truss rod tweaks when changing string gauges / brands. What exactly is happening?

FWIW, you really don't to take her to a guitar tech for a simple set-up. The Gen's are user-friendly; all you need is a decent set of allen wrenches and you're in business. I have the original owner's manual. PM me if you need a copy.

The string tension is borne by the composite "spine" which runs the length of the neck. This allowed Modulus to use some really off-the-wall softer woods for neck components.

Riis

3. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    That does sound strange. I've taken my Genesis across the world with changing temps and no problems. I've had mine for 2 years and have had no problems with the neck

4. LowDog

LowDog

Jul 6, 2005
    Thanks for the reply to my problem, I will seek a users manual and will see if I am having the bass adjusted incorrectly.

LowDog