modulus potentiometer adjustment?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by camoe, Nov 1, 2001.

1. camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    Calling on all Modulus players out there. I'm curious as to what the pot in the cavity of my quantum 5 controls...mid freq? I can't stand not knowing cause I'm a tweak-aholic. Thanks.

2. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    wish I knew as well, but I thought there was more than one. I have a Q4 with a single L.P. soap-bar p/u and Bartolini 3bnd eq. Let us know if you have any sucess.
  3. If it's a Bartolini preamp, that little pot is likely for preamp gain adjustment. On my newest Brubaker, Kevin set the gain so that the volume would be the same in both passive or active modes, but I cranked it as high as it would go without distorting the preamp section of my amp.
  4. camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    Yes, it is Bartolini pups with the 3 band eq. Preamp gain is a good guess...didn't think of that possibility. I'll tweak it and remember where I started from and see. If it is preamp gain, I'll try to hookup the output to an oscope and see where it starts to distort....cause power is like water in a nuclear reactor, you can never have too much! Thanks all.