1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DanGouge, Jan 16, 2003.

1. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I was playing a Modulus Quantum 4 Sweet Spot in the local axetorium the other day and it had a great preamp. It appeared to be bass and treble boost/cut BUT they were sweepable (ie: semi-parametric). The net effect is a very versatile circuit IMHO. Does anyone know who makes this and whether or not it's a Modulus exclusive. I would like to drop this circuit into my current project bass (fretless '89 Jazz).

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Either a Bartolini preamp or an EMG, you can usually tell by which pickups are used, unless it was modified post-original sale.

3. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I don't know what you have, but it's the first Modulus i've heard of with that setup. I'd guess it was put there after the sale. I do know that Hot Wire and Shuker Guitars make circuits where Bass, Middle and Treble all are semi-parametric.

4. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Well the p'ups were EMGs (IIRC) and I checked EMG's site and they don't seem to make anything like what this bass had.