1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus Q4 for sale CHEAP!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Squad5o4, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Squad5o4

Squad5o4

Nov 6, 2001
    Abilene Tx
    I have a Modulus Q4 that is for sale or trade. It is in rather good condition. Black with white Pickguard, 2 corn-kernal sized finish cracks on the back, some small surface dings on the neck. 18 volt active EMG pickups. Its a great playing bass, but i cant justify having it any more. Im letting it go for $900 obo.
    I am also willing to trade. I am looking for a Tele Bass(with the telecaster style body). I am also looking for a used Rickenbacker. Make me an offer and ill see what i can do. Squad5o4@aol.com

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pics?

3. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    yes.. pics.. we gotta see em.. i've been gas'n for a q4 for a while now :)

4. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    I've never seen a Q4 with a pickguard. This should be interesting...

5. Squad5o4

Squad5o4

Nov 6, 2001
    Abilene Tx
    Here are the pics. They should be attached, but i dont know exactly how this works.

6. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    lets see a bigger pic..
    quantums dont have pic guards.. that does.. quantums have 4 inline tuners, that looks like a headstock similar to an alembic? (2 + 2)...
    i thought maybe a flea4, but the picguard and headstock both still look different... please show a larger pic, and tell us about this bass.

thanks very much :)

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I believe it's an "M" Series. Or summat.

There's on E-Bay that's red and black...

Clickety!

[​IMG]

8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No, Q4s have a 2+2 headstock. Only the Flea models have a 4 in-line type headstock.

9. Squad5o4

Squad5o4

Nov 6, 2001
    Abilene Tx
    Ill try and take another picture. The program i have sucks, and makes pictures really small for some reason. The bass IS a Q4 Sweetspot bass. It is just an earlier model. It was made in the mid 90's according to the guy i bought it from. They must have changed the series name at a later time. Its still got the Graphite neck, and sounds amazing. From my understanding its just an early Q4, and has the basic tonal qualities of a "normal" Q4. Thanx

10. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    yes, my bad :) sorery about my headstock mixup.. i was a litle swilled when i posted last night!

cheers!