Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Q4 for sale CHEAP!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Squad5o4, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Squad5o4

Squad5o4

Nov 6, 2001
    Abilene Tx
    I have a Modulus Q4 that is for sale or trade. It is in rather good condition. Black with white Pickguard, 2 corn-kernal sized finish cracks on the back, some small surface dings on the neck. 18 volt active EMG pickups. Its a great playing bass, but i cant justify having it any more. Im letting it go for $900 obo.
    I am also willing to trade. I am looking for a Tele Bass(with the telecaster style body). I am also looking for a used Rickenbacker. Make me an offer and ill see what i can do. Squad5o4@aol.com

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pics?

3. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    yes.. pics.. we gotta see em.. i've been gas'n for a q4 for a while now :)

4. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    I've never seen a Q4 with a pickguard. This should be interesting...

5. Squad5o4

Squad5o4

Nov 6, 2001
    Abilene Tx
    Here are the pics. They should be attached, but i dont know exactly how this works.

6. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    lets see a bigger pic..
    quantums dont have pic guards.. that does.. quantums have 4 inline tuners, that looks like a headstock similar to an alembic? (2 + 2)...
    i thought maybe a flea4, but the picguard and headstock both still look different... please show a larger pic, and tell us about this bass.

thanks very much :)

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I believe it's an "M" Series. Or summat.

There's on E-Bay that's red and black...

Clickety!

[​IMG]

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    No, Q4s have a 2+2 headstock. Only the Flea models have a 4 in-line type headstock.

9. Squad5o4

Squad5o4

Nov 6, 2001
    Abilene Tx
    Ill try and take another picture. The program i have sucks, and makes pictures really small for some reason. The bass IS a Q4 Sweetspot bass. It is just an earlier model. It was made in the mid 90's according to the guy i bought it from. They must have changed the series name at a later time. Its still got the Graphite neck, and sounds amazing. From my understanding its just an early Q4, and has the basic tonal qualities of a "normal" Q4. Thanx

10. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    yes, my bad :) sorery about my headstock mixup.. i was a litle swilled when i posted last night!

cheers!