1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modulus Q4 fretless f/s trade norcal

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by toytech, Feb 26, 2008.

1. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    A really nice bass I got in trade a while ago, but I am not comfortable with the 35" scale (all my other basses are 34")
    It has Bartolini pickups and preamp, Dunlop straplocks.
    one of the tuners is missing the little caps that covers the gear.
    No chips or cracks in finish, or marks you could catch with your fingernail. Previous owner purportedly bought from Stu Hamm in a Guitar Center !? serial #020444
    Asking 1300.00 shipped 48 state. Trades considered would be #1 rob allen or similar value fretless 4 ie Sadowski, Lull etc.
    Will be shipped with neck off to save cost, but it is a Modulus, so the neck won't need an adjustment :D
    Chris 510-326-4816 preference goes to local sale as always.:cool:
    mandm.

2. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    This one doesn't have the truss rod, right? Also was it originally fretless or it was defretted? Thanks!

3. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    has a trussrod, (not that you would ever touch it) it is a lined fretless as manufactured, not a defret.

4. kotzman

kotzman

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    I don't know why Modulus basses don't get much love on TB, because they are great instruments. Somebody buy this, I already have two fretless Modulus basses!! Great price too.

5. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    Agreed! They are stunning basses, and I can bet the mwah in this bass is amazing! I just wish I could afford it right now, good like with the sale man!

6. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    the mwah is infact amazing, it has ti flats on it right now, but you should hear it with dr highbeams! I am just gassing badly for a Rob Allen, and want my fretless to be the same scale as my others. ! will for sure miss it.

7. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    Dammit someone make me an offer I am gassing for a Rob Allen so bad I am going insane!

8. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    pictures don't do this justice, 1300.00 shipped.

9. mr. zero

mr. zero

Sep 21, 2001
    Lansdale, PA
    Glossy or satin finish neck?

10. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    glossy neck finish

11. mr. zero

mr. zero

Sep 21, 2001
    Lansdale, PA
    Any other pics? What condition is the fretboard in? Thanks.

12. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    Not sure if my sale is happening, have not had contact in a couple days, so I am moving this to the top.
    Fretboard is excellent, phenolic board so even rounds don't effect it that much.

13. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    more pictures
    modulus003.
    modulus004.
    modulus005.
    modulus006.

14. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    This one doesnt have the truss rod man. But thats odd, because according to the serial number is an 02 and all the models after 99 or 00 have the relief adjusting system or truss rod.

15. evito

evito

Dec 17, 2006
    Antioch, California
    Thats a damn sexy bass there. If I was only willing to spend that much, id snatch it up in a second. Plus I live 20 mins away from you so it would be no shipping!! sigh...........

16. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    Weird, I was sure it had one, I had assumed it was at the base of the neck, but I just removed it to look and yep, no trussrod!

17. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    man if this thing had frets =[

18. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    They are just reeeaall smooth :ninja::p

19. ChrisPbass

ChrisPbass

Jul 18, 2006
    Fairfax, VA
    Free, killer bass - wish it was a 5 string - what a GREAT price bump.

20. toytech

toytech

Mar 22, 2004
    San Leandro
    Evening thanks for the bump bump.