Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Well you guys are probably sick of this but its still here.
    Modulus q4 w/ spalted top alder back walnut/quilt maple/walnut laminate. EMG electronics. This bass is now dropped to $850 plus s/h. This is a killer deal.

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Check your PM box :)

3. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    My goodness,

I cant even give this thing away. Ok guys this is a very rare bass because of the laminates in the body and the spalted maple top. That top alone is the cost of half the bass if you order a new modulus. This is the nicest modulus you will ever find at this kind of price. If i didnt have to sell this soon it would be more than it is now. Jb's bass just sold for about twice as much as mine and i know it isnt twice as nice. This bass has better action than any modulus i ever played. It taps like a dream. What is this bass still doing here. It should have been sold a long time ago

4. It might be because it's a 4 string? It seems like alot of people who want a Modulus want a 5'er. JMO

5. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Thats why i'm selling mine. For a five banger.

-Matt

6. :D That's why I'm selling my Gecko, to get a 4 string. I am starting to get more comfortable after a couple weeks and a few rehearsals. Who knows?

7. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    Man...these people. I understand why you'd want a fiver. I mean my Q5 is SOO great. I hope someone actually has the money before they pm you. That would make everything so much easier. But heck, they're musicians...they're poor.

8. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    Hey,

Did you every think that most people are afraid
    of the sound from a single EMG pickup, or just don't like the idea of a single pickup....Granted the bass looks great...but having a single P/U kills it.

9. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Dragonbass

This bass can get the tones. My friend shon can verify that. His Q5 w/2 emg pups has a slightly more traditional sound. But his bass cant get the slap tones of this. And in some cases i thought mine was a little less bright. It does have a brighter sound than a vintage jazz but it is still an incredible looking and sounding bass.

-Matt

10. odie

odie Supporting Member

Matt- Im intersted.

I'll PM

11. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Hey guys,

Let me answer this question for all you. I will not go lower than $850 plus s/h. If i go lower i cant buy the bass that a very nice person has been holding for me.

-Matt

12. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    By the way it comes with an skb hardshell case for free.

13. shon

shon

Nov 27, 2002
    Healdsburg, CA!!
    Personally, I find it a lot easier to slap on Matt's bass than mine. There isn't a pickup in the way of where I pluck on the up beat. That's the main problem with having a two p'up er. Again, I reitterate that this bass is great.

I guess that's about it. You will buy his bass at this incredibly low price, or forever be thinking "hey, I could have bought that bass. I'm never going to find a better deal." Just go for it.

14. matt essay

matt essay

Dec 28, 2002
    Healdsburg CA
    Well Tab,

We are all entitled to our opinions. But i have found settings to get the great "traditional bass" sound. If you are really interested i can call you and play the bass over the phone. I played a bass about a month ago. Modulus Q5 w/ lacewood top and two bart pups. This was a killer bass but i thought that mine could get all of the sounds and more with one emg pickup.(for slapping and tapping it destroyed the q5). So believe me THE TONE IS GREAT ON THIS BASS. I know you may have had a bad experience with a bass w/ one emg pickup but this bass is in a class of its own.

-Matt

15. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    It figures a great deal like this would come along after i just spent my savings. I really dig that awesome bass man. Goodluck selling

Joe