SOLD Modulus Q5 Blackstone/Chrome FS no trades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Akito, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    [​IMG] $1550 shipped US w/OHSC Please NO TRADES
    I'll accept check, money order, Paypal (please include 3% for fees).
    Modulus Quantum 5 with Blackstone finish, Chrome hardware, EMGs, 18 volt pre, relief adjustment. 2001 model. No issues, a wonderful bass that I'm sure to regret selling. I've moved from a city where I was gigging quite often to a town with no gigs in sight, and debts must be paid! Feel free to PM me with any questions, but please no trade offers at this time. Moving expenses make this a money only deal. I'll ship UPS or Fedex ground with insurance- your choice. Thanks for looking!
  2. Ive always been a little modulus curious myself, I dont know much about them, but that price looks phenominal!

Anyone know of somewhere I could get some Quantum sound clips?

3. Quality

May 7, 2003
    Long Beach, CA
    If I didn't just buy my Pedulla, I would be all over this.
    Modulus was my first choice.
  4. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Looks like my old Modulus Q5. Did you get it from David Wilson by chance?
  5. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    No, I got it from the Low End in Memphis.
    If you want a soundclip I could email you an mp3. I don't have access to any web server space atm. Send me a PM with your email if you want one.
  6. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Hope the move went well for you, Akito!
  7. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I'm convinced Modulus is my destiny bass and this one is not only absolutely stunning but it's at a great price! If I was more comfrotable on a 5 I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. Good luck selling and adapting with the move and all!
  8. Oh how I really wished I had 1500 bucks layin around right now. You would have sold that thing the day you put it up. Well, it doesnt need a bump, but who cares, this thing is the most gorgeous black bass Ive ever seen. Best of luck selling.
  9. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Thanks guys, I love the Modulus Blackstone finish and I've tried to keep this bass in great shape while using it quite a bit.
    Modulus really puts their basses together well, and they are pretty easy to care for. The only weird thing I've noticed (and it's been mentioned on these boards before) is that their neck bolt facings tend to get corrosion like light rust. I've seen it over and over on Modulus basses, but I've never known it to be a serious issue or anything, just odd. This bass doesn't even have a scratchy pot, it's solid. For those requesting a clip, just wanted to say I'll be emailing them later tonight- I'm catching up on some tv viewing with the family for a bit. Thanks or the interest though I am sad every time someone asks about it :crying:
    BTW I am selling the Bolin as well as you can see on my other post. I am in Spokane, Washington if that helps with anyone who wants to see the bass or do a local pickup.
  10. I'd love to hear some MP3s of the Modulus and the Bolin if possible.

11. hdhindsa

Oct 4, 2005
    Hello Akito,
    I am a new member and sent you a PM on the Modulus Bass.

12. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    PMs replied to. Waiting to make sure, but this bass may be on hold. Thanks to everyone so far for your interest. Big Benner, I'll see what I can do about clips.
  13. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    The Modulus is on hold. I'll update this when it's officially sold, but for now it's off the table. Thanks!
  14. Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    There was a weeping and a gnashing of teeth :crying:
    They don't actually have an icon for the second one.
    The Modulus is sold and will soon be on it's way to a new loving home. I played it for the last time today- what a bass!
  15. kotzman

kotzman Gold Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    Is the Bolin still available?
  16. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    --- old thread ---

He may still have it, so I guess it doesn't hurt to ask
  17. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I'm pretty sure that msquared bought the Bolin from him.
  18. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Yep. It's in the hands of UPS currently. :eek: :help:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.