1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Modulus Q5 low output

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by atlboriqua, Mar 11, 2013.

1. atlboriqua

atlboriqua

Nov 13, 2007
    First off, this bass sounds INCREDIBLE!! Such a great range of tones and it sits well in the mix. It records even better than the live sound too. My only discontentment is the output of the bass. It seems much lower than my other two basses. I recently just also bought a Lakland and the output is MUCH louder on that bass. I also have an Am. Deluxe Jazz and it seems to be a higher output as well.

The Modulus has the Bartolini pickups with the Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp inside of it. I've changed the batteries a few times to make sure it wasn't that.Its not the biggest issue in the word but I do have to crank the input gain up if I am using multiple basses for a set and switch to this one.

THoughts or suggestions?

2. Hidesert

Hidesert

Oct 7, 2011
    Santa Fe
    Post some pics of your electronics control cavity and preamp wiring details and let the experts (not me!) have a look. It's likely the problem is in there.