Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Q5 or Pedulla Thunderbass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dugonbass, Aug 8, 2004.

1. dugonbass

dugonbass

Aug 8, 2004
    I'm in the process of deciding between either a Modulus Q5 or a Pedulla Thunderbass. I'm looking online so I can't get them in my hands but I think both of them must be good basses. I play primarily blues/funk/reggae. Anyone have an opinion on which one would fit the bill better? Hope so. Thanks

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    They're both very nice basses. I love my Q-4, but the Pedulla will be warmer sounding, which would be good for blues and reggae. The Q-5's tone may be more suited for funk, it has a really defined, aggressive tone( If you decide on the Quantum, I'd personally choose Bartolini pickups for a warmer tone). But a lot can be done with EQ, so either bass will do a great job tonally. The Q-5 is 35" scale, the Thunderbass is a 34". If you have smallish hands the Pedulla might be more comfortable for you. As far as customer support goes, Pedulla is by far the better of the two. Because they're both versitile, high-quality basses it may just come down to the price. All of this said, I'd probably choose Pedulla.

3. dugonbass

dugonbass

Aug 8, 2004
    Sounds like I should buy both but that ain't gonna happen. Thanks for your opinion.

4. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Do you have a particular Pedulla Thunderbass you are looking for? I have an ET-6 that I am considering selling, for the right price of course. I can send you some pictures of you would like? It has a 5 piece neck through w/ Bubinga strips and a zebra wood top, all gold hardware.

5. dugonbass

dugonbass

Aug 8, 2004
    I guess the place to start is...How much? I'm sure it's a nice bass but the cost is an issue.

6. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I am looking to get at least $2500 for it. This IS their flagship model after all.

7. dugonbass

dugonbass

Aug 8, 2004
    I'm sure it's worth every penny but it's out of my range. I checked out your band site. Is that the bass? Like the shirt.

8. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    I'm not sure, You could have seen the Pedulla or the Spector, here's a picture of the Pedulla from a show. I can take a better one if you want.

[​IMG]