Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Q5 Pics, as promised

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by robert betty, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Attn:Fuzzbass. Here's my Modulus Q5, with Aero pickups, Aguilar Preamp, and Burled maple top. #2 of 3 like it.

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Good timing... I was just checking in to see if you'd followed up on your promise. (Kidding!! :D)

Seriously: that is one of the prettiest burl tops I've seen on any bass. Congrats, and thanks for the excellent photo!

Can you comment on how the Aero pups compare to either bartolini or EMG?

[​IMG]

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    OOOH! I like!

4. mgood

mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    Very nice. I don't think I've ever played a Modulus bass. An old bass teacher of mine had some kind of bass with a Modulus graphite neck and I piddled with it a couple of times. But that was a dozen years ago.

5. I played 5 different Mods. at the store this was the last one the guy handed me, and the most expensive. I immediately noticed the difference in sound with the Aero's. They are much warmer to me than either the Barts or the emg's, which all the others had. They gave a meaty yet punchy tone, not too midrangy. It was the exact sound I'd been striving for by buying countless gadgets, i.e. Sansamp Bass D.I. This bass needs no gadgets to improve sound I plug it straigt in via a JDI Direct box, and it sounds perfect for me. Also It has Bass Boost, Treble boost and P/u sweep/blend. A very simple setup(Per my request). I find myself second guessing myself when I have too many knobs to turn.