1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Modulus Q5 Quilted Green Stone Burst top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bshaze, Jul 13, 2017.

1. bshaze

bshaze Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_1148.JPG IMG_1151.JPG IMG_1152.JPG IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1154.JPG IMG_1155.JPG IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1157.JPG IMG_1158.JPG

Hello,
    I have decided to sell / trade my newly acquired 1997 fretted Modulus Q5 Quilt top Green Stone Burst as I am more comfortable with 6 string Modulus basses. The finish is breathtaking and will be hard to part with. The body does have dings although difficult to spot. Some buckle rash on the back of the body not through the finish. The Granadillo fingerboard is figured and very pretty.

The gloss finish neck is spotless with no nicks or dings and currently setup with DR 40's. Will setup with DR 45's if preferred just let me know.

Sports EMG 40DC's with EMG BQC preamp and sounds like it is on Steroids. Acoustically not plugged in the Alder with Quilt Maple top body has an amazing tone on its own. I replaced the plastic EMG knobs with the correct black metal knobs for better feel and appearance.

Overall this bass plays and sounds amazing.

I would prefer to trade for a Modulus 6 string whether Single pickup Q6SS or Dual pickup Q6. EMG's are a plus, however Bartolini's are fine. Let me know what you have and let me know any questions.

If you want to purchase then $2100 with free shipping in US.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    String spacing, weight?

3. bshaze

bshaze Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2004
    9lbs 7oz and spaced 17mm, however adjustable with this ABM bridge.

4. morguedoc71

morguedoc71

May 22, 2009
    Aw, man! This would've been great trade bait for that Quantum 6 Orange Crush Turbo I had here awhile back!

Super tempting...GLWS!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021