Modulus Q5 WIDE NECK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tyjacks, Dec 23, 2002.

1. tyjacks

tyjacks Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    Does anybody here have any experience with Modulus's Q5-string 'wide neck' bass. My standard Q5 was stolen and I'm looking to replace it. I loved the the bass, but the 17mm string spacing was a little tight. So I'm thinking of ordering the Q5 Wide Neck, but I can't find any dealers who have sold one nor anybody with a pic of one. Called Modulus but they don't have any references or pics either, go figure! Any pics or info would help, I know its just the Q6 neck with 5 strings, but I was trying to find out a little more detail on the bass.

Thanks,
    TomJ.

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

3. I did'nt know they made a Q5"wide neck",but if your lookin for a wide neck why don't you try a genisis 5...it has a very wide neck...looks like the deck of the USS Intrepid aircraft carrier:D and they sound sweet...

4. tyjacks

tyjacks Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    Yes, I've seen and played a Genesis, but I liked the Quantum basses better. Any pics anywhere or do you know anyone who has played a Q5 'Wide Neck'?
    The specs look interesting, just wanted to see one before I ordered it. Again its a Q6 neck with 5 strings.