Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Modulus Q5 WIDE NECK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tyjacks, Dec 23, 2002.

1. tyjacks

tyjacks Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    Does anybody here have any experience with Modulus's Q5-string 'wide neck' bass. My standard Q5 was stolen and I'm looking to replace it. I loved the the bass, but the 17mm string spacing was a little tight. So I'm thinking of ordering the Q5 Wide Neck, but I can't find any dealers who have sold one nor anybody with a pic of one. Called Modulus but they don't have any references or pics either, go figure! Any pics or info would help, I know its just the Q6 neck with 5 strings, but I was trying to find out a little more detail on the bass.

Thanks,
    TomJ.

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

3. I did'nt know they made a Q5"wide neck",but if your lookin for a wide neck why don't you try a genisis 5...it has a very wide neck...looks like the deck of the USS Intrepid aircraft carrier:D and they sound sweet...

4. tyjacks

tyjacks Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Memphis, TN.
    Yes, I've seen and played a Genesis, but I liked the Quantum basses better. Any pics anywhere or do you know anyone who has played a Q5 'Wide Neck'?
    The specs look interesting, just wanted to see one before I ordered it. Again its a Q6 neck with 5 strings.