Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    OK - I regretted selling the first one, and I'll probably eventually regret selling this, the second one - but I'm just realizing I'm more comfortable on my beloved Warwicks, and have a Thumb 6 coming in a couple days.

2004 Modulus Q6, chechen top and composite fretboard. This bass is barely 5 months old! Of course this, like all newer models includes the relief adjustment, Bartolini pups, etc...

The top is more lively and grainy than usually seen on chechen, and was cherry-picked for me (over the other Q6 chechens available) by Gard at BassCentral.

No longer for sale because I came to my senses, when the 6 I bought to replace this got thoroughly trounced by it in the tone and playability dept.

2. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Here are the first 2

3. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    2 more

4. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    somebody buy this bass, then trade it to me :D

Seriously though, if you buy this bass and decide to pass it along, I'd trade both my pre-gibson Tobias along with my Zon (both listed FT/FS here) for this Q6.

5. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Sorry guys - I regained my sanity. I'm not sellin' this one =0)

6. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX

Just Curious... what bass did you get to "replace" the Q6?

7. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Well, I had some GAS and bought a Thumb 6 bolt-on, based on playing it in a store - the tone and playability were awesome (so it certainly wasn't at a Guitar Center, heh), but I hadn't heard it next to the Quantum, and additionally I hadn't thought to play it on a strap before buying.

Once I got it home, however, the Q destroyed it in every way, so the Thumb's going back.

8. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX

I guess if I would've read the post totally... I would've noticed that :rollno:

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Glad to see you came to your senses Dave. Otherwise I would have bought this one too and waited for you to want it back. ;) :D

10. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    We need a 24 hour help line to talk us down from this kind of insanity.

Warwick shmorwick.

11. jammadave

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Can a Mod close this thread down now, but leave it intact? I would delete it, but I think it serves to remind us to temper our GAS before it makes a bad decision for us =0)

Cheers
    Dave